GELBYSON can trace its roots back to 1947, when produced vibration inverters, today known as static inverters, designed for technology requiring low power input such as radios. In addition, GELBYSON distributed, represented and provided maintenance service for Italian “Radiomarelli” technology. With the advent of Silicon Controlled Rectifiers (SCRs) GELBYSON went on to manufacture triple phase inverters reaching 90 Kw power supplies.
In 1960, GELBYSON supported the Italian Army overhauling transmitters fixed on battle tanks. During the 60’s the company went on to develop and manufacture industrial power control units for the Italian Railways and power plants.
In the 70’s GELBYSON focused on the production of Charger / Analyzers for Lead Acid and Nickel-Cadmium aviation batteries. Army, Air Force, Navy and other prestigious organizations are today still using GELBYSON equipments. Still in the 70’s GELBYSON significantly enhanced its position in the aerospace industry representing and distributing systems and components produced by US manufacturers.
Throughout the 80’s and the 90’s GELBYSON took part in important international programs, such as the AMX fighter-bomber aircraft, A129 Mangusta (Mongoose) helicopter, ATR 42 twin-turboprop, short-haul regional airliner, EH101 military utility medium lift helicopter, G.222 medium-sized military transport aircraft, MB-339 trainer and light attack aircraft, P.180 Avanti twin-engine business aircraft and the PA200 Multi Role Combat Aircraft TORNADO.
Today’s GELBYSON activity is dedicated to the distribution, representation and servicing of components and systems produced by worldwide manufacturers of technologically advanced aerospace products.